Guidelines for Submitting a Funding Request to MOPIP
Before Submitting your funding request: The following stipulations need to be met in order for funding to be provided.
- Requests must be submitted using The MOPIP Funding Support Request Form (below) no later than 3 weeks prior to the event.
- Events must be open to all Truman students.
- Events must be free of all alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
- Funds cannot be used for sexual protection products, scare tactics, or stress relief services (massage therapy, yoga, etc)
- Funding Categories include:
- Healthy Activities
Request must align with Truman PIP’s strategic plan: 2018-2019 Strategic Plan
Requests must support Truman PIP’s mission:
To create a campus environment that supports students in making responsible choices about alcohol and substance use, and to decrease high risk drinking behaviors. We seek to emphasize the promotion of positive coping skills and health enhancing behaviors. In order to achieve these ends, the coalition will partner with other Truman and Kirksville community organizations and assets.
After Submitting your funding request:
- A representative from the sponsoring organization/individuals MUST attend a MOPIP meeting prior to the event to answer any questions about the request. After receiving the request a member of MOPIP will be in touch with details about the time and location of the next MOPIP meeting.
- Applicants will be notified of the committee’s funding decision in writing within 5 business days of the meeting.
- Organizations/Individuals who receive MOPIP funding are required to evaluate their event to determine if the goals/objectives were met, number of participants, etc. A short summary report, MOPIP funding report form is due to MOPIP within 5 business days of the event.
- Acknowledgement of MOPIP funding is expected when appropriate.
- Reimbursement will occur once Truman receives a check from PIP headquarters
Reasons for disapproval of PIP forms requests: PIP forms requests will be disapproved if the request is submitted later than 3 weeks prior to the event, is not relevant to the work of the campus strategic plan, and/or is not an appropriate prevention activity. PIP funds can never be used to purchase “drunk goggles”, drinking and driving simulation devices, condoms, or alcohol.