Guidelines for Submitting a Funding Request to Truman PIP
Before Submitting your funding request: The following stipulations need to be met in order for funding to be provided.
- Requests must be submitted using The MOPIP Funding Support Request Form (below) no later than 3 weeks prior to the event.
- Events must be open to all Truman students.
- Events must be free of all alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
- Funds cannot be used for sexual protection products, scare tactics, or stress relief services (massage therapy, yoga, etc)
Request must align with Truman PIP’s strategic plan: 2019-2020 Strategic Plan
Requests must support Truman PIP’s mission:
Truman State University values a community of learners with a commitment to responsibility for their actions, caring for others, and being supportive of others in their educational endeavors. We seek to emphasize the promotion of positive coping skills and health enhancing behaviors to increase the overall physical and mental wellness of Truman students. To create a campus environment that supports students in making responsible choices, the coalition will focus our prevention efforts on reducing alcohol and substance use and high risk drinking behaviors, and increasing bystander intervention. The coalition will partner with other Truman and Kirksville community organizations and assets to achieve these goals.
After Submitting your funding request:
- A representative from the sponsoring organization/individuals MUST attend a Truman PIP meeting prior to the event to answer any questions about the request. After receiving the request a member of Truman PIP will be in touch with details about the time and location of the next Truman PIP meeting.
- Applicants will be notified of the committee’s funding decision in writing within 5 business days of the meeting.
- Organizations/Individuals who receive Truman PIP funding are required to evaluate their event to determine if the goals/objectives were met, number of participants, etc. A short summary report, Truman PIP funding report form is due to Truman PIP within 5 business days of the event.
- Acknowledgement of Truman PIP funding is expected when appropriate.
- Reimbursement will occur once Truman receives a check from PIP headquarters
- An invoice that says “Paid” must be sent to the Truman PIP email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive reimbursement check
Reasons for disapproval of PIP forms requests: PIP forms requests will be disapproved if the request is submitted later than 3 weeks prior to the event, is not relevant to the work of the campus strategic plan, and/or is not an appropriate prevention activity. PIP funds can never be used to purchase “drunk goggles”, drinking and driving simulation devices, condoms, or alcohol.