Guidelines for Submitting a Funding Request to Truman PIP
Before Submitting your funding request: The following stipulations need to be met in order for funding to be provided.
- Requests must be submitted using The MOPIP Funding Support Request Form (below) no later than 3 weeks prior to the event.
- Events must be open to all Truman students.
- Events must be free of all alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
- Funds cannot be used for sexual protection products, scare tactics, or stress relief services (massage therapy, yoga, etc)
Request must align with Truman PIP’s strategic plan:
Truman State University
Partners in Prevention
2022- 2023 Strategic Plan
Priority Area 1/Goal 1: Reduce risky alcohol use including binge drinking by Truman students
Strategy 1: Provide alcohol-free programs to students during times when binge drinking is most prevalent.
Tactic: Promotion of alcohol-free programs during Halloween, Homecoming, Reading Day Eve, when establishments offer all-you-can-drink promotions, etc.
Strategy 2: Educate the campus on accurate information about effects of usage of alcohol.
Tactic1: Provide risk management training to student groups.
Tactic 2: Distribute alcohol education information at live or virtual campus events (e.g. CHEERS tables, Greek new member orientation, SPHA events, Residence Life programming, etc.)
Tactic 3: Promotion of alcohol awareness programs (e.g., College Behavior Profile, ASTP, BASICS, Agreed Resolution program, Residence Life Safer Drinking Practices program, etc.)
Priority Area 2/Goal 2: Social norming campaign regarding alcohol and drug behaviors and mental health regarding Truman students.
Strategy 1: Message the actual alcohol use of alcohol by Truman students, including sub-groups of students.
Tactic: Develop social media graphics, hangouts, posters, etc. regarding alcohol use, drug use and mental health.
Strategy 2: Message the actual cannabis use by Truman students.
Tactic: Develop social media graphics, hangouts, posters, etc. regarding cannabis use.
Priority Area 3/Goal 3: Mental Health of Truman students.
Tactic 1: Provide Ask, Listen Refer to all Truman students.
Tactic 2: Residence Life will host individual conversations with students during first semester on accessing mental health resources on campus.
Tactic 3: Residence Life will host house meetings discussing how to get help for a friend thinking about suicide or experiencing other mental health challenges.
Tactic 4: Provide a minimum of 10 on campus or virtual courses or educational activities such as QPR, RESPOND, Mental Health First Aid, etc. per academic year.
Tactic 5: Develop programs equipping students to refer friends to resources and tell University officials about concerns.
Tactic 6: Host programs focusing on positive coping mechanisms for mental health.
Priority Area 4/Goal 4: Training of coalition members and campus community partners.
Strategy 1: Support members of the coalition and related campus offices, committees, and organizations to attend educational events and receive training that promote the MOPIP mission including the annual Meeting of the Minds (MOM) conference.
Requests must support Truman PIP’s mission:
Truman State University values a community of learners with a commitment to responsibility for their actions, caring for others, and being supportive of others in their educational endeavors. We seek to emphasize the promotion of positive coping skills and health enhancing behaviors to increase the overall physical and mental wellness of Truman students. To create a campus environment that supports students in making responsible choices, the coalition will focus our prevention efforts on reducing alcohol and substance use and high risk drinking behaviors, and increasing bystander intervention. The coalition will partner with other Truman and Kirksville community organizations and assets to achieve these goals.
After Submitting your funding request:
- A representative from the sponsoring organization/individuals MUST attend a Truman PIP meeting prior to the event to answer any questions about the request. After receiving the request a member of Truman PIP will be in touch with details about the time and location of the next Truman PIP meeting.
- Applicants will be notified of the committee’s funding decision in writing within 5 business days of the meeting.
- Organizations/Individuals who receive Truman PIP funding are required to evaluate their event to determine if the goals/objectives were met, number of participants, etc. A short summary report, Truman PIP funding report form is due to Truman PIP within 5 business days of the event.
- Acknowledgement of Truman PIP funding is expected when appropriate.
- Reimbursement will occur once Truman receives a check from PIP headquarters
- An invoice that says “Paid” must be sent to the Truman PIP email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive reimbursement check
Reasons for disapproval of PIP forms requests: PIP forms requests will be disapproved if the request is submitted later than 3 weeks prior to the event, is not relevant to the work of the campus strategic plan, and/or is not an appropriate prevention activity. PIP funds can never be used to purchase “drunk goggles”, drinking and driving simulation devices, condoms, or alcohol.